The Arkansas Aircraft Company, later named Command-Aire, was founded in 1926 in Little Rock, the capital city of Arkansas. Its designer, Albert Voellmecke, came from the German Heinkel firm and Command-Aire’s main product was a light personal and training biplane strongly resembling Heinkel’s HD series. At its plant at 1823 East 17th Street, which still exists a few blocks west of what is now Little Rock’s airport, Command-Aire built about 300 airplanes between 1926 and 1931, making it a fairly successful airplane company for this period. Its biplanes were considered to be of sound design and are respected by aficionados and collectors today.
This 1928 model 3C-3, serial 532, is with the Yanks Air Museum.