Dayton-Wright Co.

Dayton-Wright was formed in 1917 by a group of Ohio businessmen.  It was unrelated to the Wright brothers’ aviation companies except that Orville Wright lent the company his name and a small degree of involvement.  After license-building Airco D.H.4s for the U.S. services in the closing months of World War II, the company built a series of generally undistinguished aircraft.  It was acquired by General Motors in 1919 and operated as a division, but it was absorbed into Consolidated and disappeared in 1923.

D.H.4

RB-1 Racer