Kellett Autogiro Corporation


Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home4/k5083/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_gallery_display/package.module.nextgen_gallery_display.php on line 1098

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home4/k5083/public_html/wp-content/plugins/nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/nextgen_gallery_display/package.module.nextgen_gallery_display.php on line 1100

Founded in 1929 by W. Wallace Kellett, the Kellett Autogiro Corp. license-built and developed autogiro designs originally created by Cierva and Pitcairn.  From then until the mid 1930s, it built a total of about 38 aircraft for the U.S. armed services and civilian customers.  It then transitioned to the design of helicopters, but built only a handful of prototypes until the company’s demise in the late 1940s.

KD.1 (YG-1B), Yanks Air Museum

The Yanks Air Museum has one of seven YG-1B variants supplied to the U.S. Army.

XO-60

The National Air & Space Museum displays this later model, with enclosed canopy and beefed up landing gear.  Seven XO-60s were built.

no images were found