The Laird Swallow, called the Swallow New Swallow after 1923, was first flown in April 1920. It was a simple and efficient biplane used for price, light commercial and air-mail duties. The basic design was progressively improved through the 1920s. In 1928, the Swallow TP was introduced, really a new and even simpler design, having only two seats and intended primarily for training. All together, about 500 of the various models of Swallow were built.
Swallow TP N8761
The Yanks Air Museum Swallow TP is serial 161, built in 1928.