Designer Jack Laister and financier John Kauffmann established the Laister-Kauffmann Corporation of St. Louis, Missouri, in 1941 to manufacture Laister’s glider designs on an urgent basis for the U.S. Army. They built over 75 of the aircraft, designated TG-4, which served as trainers for cargo and troop carrying glider pilots. One of these aircraft is still operated in Brazil, and several have been preserved in American museums.
TG-4A, National Museum of the USAF
The National Museum of the USAF‘s TG-4A was donated by a private owner in 1980 and has been displayed since 2003.