Tachikawa Aircraft Company

Founded in 1924, the Tachikawa company was named for the city where it was located.  Tachikawa is located about 40 kilometres west of the center of Tokyo and is today considered part of the Tokyo metropolis.  Tachikawa produced training and liaison aircraft until it was dismantled with the American occupation of Japan in 1945.  The company was revived in 1949 and built a couple of unsuccessful airplanes before settling down as an aviation component manufacturer.

Ki-36